Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.
Why not $100/hr? Where do government and business get the cash for this wage? Might such an action discourage new jobs formation? (Comments by author in italics)
Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market.
This has been hotly debated and tried in various places. Government health plans do not save money. They limit access and decrease quality of care. Rationing becomes the only method of cost control—i.e., death panels.
Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.
Who would be willing to take a minimum wage job [see Demand one] when they can get “paid” the same for doing nothing?
Demand four: Free college education.
Of course. And they can get the twenty bucks an hour for hanging at bars until 3 AM and sleeping ‘til 1 PM, and mounting demonstration with even more demands.
Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.
What alternative energy program, specifically? Solar and wind energy will never replace fossil fuels. Is there some new radically new technology that we can explore with enough money? Nuclear is the only current technology that can make a significant impact in reducing our fossil fuel use.
Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.
Another trillion? What happened t the first “stimulus.” I thought that was what that was for? Remember “shovel-ready” jobs? What assurance do we have that it will work this time?
Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America’s nuclear power plants.
Well, there goes our plan to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. But with a trillion dollars we can have a forest and a swamp, er..wetland, in every neighborhood, even in Nevada and southern Arizona!
Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.
What rights are missing with the current document?
Demand nine: Open borders migration. Anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.
No borders, no country. That seems to be the plan.
Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.” [A]ll 65 trillion dollars of [debt] must also be stricken from the “Books.” And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.
What about the debt these idiots think the world owes them? Scratch Demands One through Ten.
Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.
Somebody’s personal grievance, I guess.
Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah [sic] or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.
Pay-off for union support—card check by fiat
These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.
Absolutely. Jobs for party bosses, Politburo bureaucrats, managers for the collective factories and farms, forced labor for the collective factories and farms, guards for the gulags, the list goes on and on. Utopia is at hand, comrades.
Karl Marx’s “10 Planks” to seize power and destroy freedom:
1. Abolition of Property in Land and Application of all Rents of Land to Public Purpose.
2. A Heavy Progressive or Graduated Income Tax.
3. Abolition of All Rights of Inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the Property of All Emigrants and Rebels.
5. Centralization of Credit in the Hands of the State, by Means of a National Bank with State Capital and an Exclusive Monopoly.
6. Centralization of the Means of Communication and Transport in the Hands of the State.
7. Extension of Factories and Instruments of Production Owned by the State, the Bringing Into Cultivation of Waste Lands, and the Improvement of the Soil Generally in Accordance with a Common Plan.
8. Equal Liability of All to Labor. Establishment of Industrial Armies, Especially for Agriculture.
9. Combination of Agriculture with Manufacturing Industries; Gradual Abolition of the Distinction Between Town and Country by a More Equable Distribution of the Population over the Country.
10. Free Education for All Children in Public Schools. Abolition of Children’s Factory Labor in it’s Present Form. Combination of Education with Industrial Production.
The similarities are obvious and require little comment from me. Is there any doubt what is behind this so-called movement? Joe Biden said that the OWS has a lot in common with the Tea Party. Search “Tea Party” on this website and see if you can find anything in common with this communist/anarchist mob.
Note: Reader comments are reviewed before publishing, and only salient comments that add to the topic will be published. Profanity is absolutely not allowed and will be summarily deleted. Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will also be deleted.