The good news just keeps rolling!
From Fox News:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she does not have the votes to pass the Senate’s version of a health insurance bill that is now in severe jeopardy of being scrapped.
Emerging from a closed-door meeting with her caucus, the House speaker vented frustration with the massive version of the legislation.
“In its present form without any changes I don’t think it’s possible to pass the Senate bill in the House,” said Pelosi, D-Calif. “I don’t see the votes for it at this time.”
Among the issues that House lawmakers are unwilling to accept is the 40 percent excise tax on high-value insurance plans that unions earned an exemption from until 2018 after major backlash toward the Democratic-led Congress.
Now, that doesn’t mean their attempt to hijack health care is over, my friends. We mustn’t let down our guard, because they could still manage to push through a milder form of unconstitutional government meddling in health care before the people regain control from the socialists in November. We must remain vigilant.
But to hear the Speaker of the House admit publicly that they don’t have the juice to pass this 3,000+ page monstrosity is worth celebrating.
Oh, that liberty bell is ringing a lot this week!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Democrats Regroup on Health After Losing Seat (nytimes.com)
- House Liberals To Pelosi: ‘We cannot support the Senate bill. Period.’ (americablog.com)
- After Mass., Dems eye pared-down health bill (msnbc.msn.com)
- White House signaling new direction on healthcare reform (thehill.com)
- Actual cost of Pelosi bill: $1,200,000,000,000 (hotair.com)
- Obama Slows Down Health-Care Bill (online.wsj.com)