The biggest pusher of the unfounded and discredited hypothesis of anthropogenic global warming is the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
The IPCC has really been caught with its pants down a lot lately. Their reports rely significantly on information compiled by the Climate Research Unit in England–the one we now know through leaked emails and documents to have “fudged” data and used “tricks” to “hide the decline” in temperatures, in addition to stonewalling Freedom of Information requests to see their data–a lot of which they have destroyed.
We also found that their claims about the Himalayan glaciers melting was full of errors.
Also, the IPCC’s claims about the Amazon jungles came from environmental extremist groups rather than the scientific community (though I have to admit, it’s become hard to tell the difference between the two, these days).
Well, you might say, they may be bumbling about like keystone cops with their information, and maybe they’re doing some fudging and fibbing about the data, but at least they’re serious about dealing with the imaginary problem of anthropogenic global warming.
But are they?
We know Al Gore isn’t. He has a huge house that uses more electricity in a month than most Americans use in a year. Gore also took a pass on earth hour, when environmental extremists worldwide were supposed to turn off their lights and stuff; Gore not only kept the lights on at his house, he kept his floodlights lit up to illuminate his precious trees.
We know many of these Hollywood and music celebrities are hypocrites who wail that the unwashed masses should ride bicycles and use one square of toilet paper, but they fly about and drive about, living in massive houses and doing as they please. They’re really taking the “problem” seriously, aren’t they?
We also know many in congress who beat the anti-capitalist drums of AGW are hypocrites as well.
Even the environmental saviors who went to Copenhagen last month to save us from ourselves were hypocrites, flying there in private planes and taking limos to the global warming confab.
But surely Dr Rajendra Pachauri, the head of the IPCC–the holy temple of global warming religion–takes AGW seriously, right? Well…
From the Daily Mail:
On Friday, for the one-mile journey from home to his Delhi office, Dr Pachauri could have walked, or cycled, or used the eco-friendly electric car provided for him, known in the UK as G-Wiz.
But instead, he had his personal chauffeur collect him from his £4.5 million home – in a 1.8-litre Toyota Corolla.
Hours later, the chauffeur picked up Dr Pachauri from the office of the environmental charity where he is director-general – The Energy and Resources Institute – blatantly ignoring the institute’s own literature, which gives visitors tips on how to reduce pollution by using buses.
Dr Pachauri – who as IPCC chairman once told people to eat less meat to cut greenhouse gas emissions – was driven to an upmarket restaurant popular with expatriates and well-off tourists just half a mile from his luxurious family home.
I think it’s safe to stay that, in addition to the pitiful lack of evidence supporting AGW, we can take our lead on environmentalism from these aforementioned high priests and their behavior.
Unfortunately, even though I’m a free market capitalist, I still can’t afford a £4.5 million house and a chauffeur. Apparently I’m going to have to work harder at my environmental consciousness.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Indian glaciologist criticised by IPCC chief joins calls for resignation (guardian.co.uk)
- IPCC’s Pachauri Must Resign (thegreenskeptic.com)
- UN climate chief’s research institute won grants after flawed predictions on glaciers (telegraph.co.uk)
- IPCC Sucker Punches Itself, Again (thegreenskeptic.com)
- Climate chief knew glacier claims were false before Copenhagen (dvorak.org)
- Pachauri: the real story behind the Glaciergate scandal (telegraph.co.uk)
- Climate Chief Knew of Glacier Errors Before Summit (foxnews.com)
- U.N. Climate Change Expert Cites More Errors in Report (foxnews.com)
- IPCC chief hid glacier information for months (hotair.com)
- Amazongate: new evidence of the IPCC’s failures (telegraph.co.uk)
- Follow the money, IPCC/AGW edition (hotair.com)
- Hitler Rages Again: GlacierGate and the Fall of the Reich (dakotavoice.com)
- U.N. Panel’s Glacier-Disaster Claims Melting Away- 17-Year-Old Climbs the Seven Summits (foxnews.com)
- Climate Chief Knew of Errors at Summit (foxnews.com)
Try us out at the new location: American Clarion!