It’s a good thing Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE) doesn’t have to face the voters for another three years.
Why such appalling numbers for a man re-elected just three years ago with 61% of the vote?
Nelson’s health care vote is clearly dragging his numbers down. Just 17% of Nebraska voters approve of the deal their senator made on Medicaid in exchange for his vote in support of the plan. Overall, 64% oppose the health care legislation, including 53% who are Strongly Opposed. In Nebraska, opposition is even stronger than it is nationally.
Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters in the state believe that passage of the legislation will hurt the quality of care, and 62% say it will raise costs.
Will people remember this sell-out in 2010? The way people are now awake to the sell-out of our country by these socialists in Washington D.C.? Oh yeah.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) is also in the dumps for his re-election hopes next year, down by double-digits in the polls already. He’s on target to join former senator Tom Daschle as a former leader of the Democrats in the Senate.
It’s looking uuuuugly for the socialists in Washington. The Battleground Poll shows it is, as does President Obama’s approval rating, with most Americans stating health care will be a big influence on their vote, and the mood of the country showing historic outrage against Washington.
My, my! 2010 is shaping up to be one interesting year!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Government Medicine: Poison at the Polls (powerlineblog.com)
- Did Reid Make Health Reform Tougher Than It Had to Be? (time.com)
- NOTE: Will the GOP Promise to Repeal ‘ObamaCare’ if Returned to Power? (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Legislation Out Loud: Sen. Cohen Wants Health Measure Read Aloud (blogs.wsj.com)
- Rasmussen: Ben Nelson down 30 points to Heineman after health-care reversal (hotair.com)
- Senate Health Care Bill Contains $1.25 Billion Gift To Sen. Stabenow (bipolarsoupkitchen-stephany.blogspot.com)
- Rasmussen Poll – Election 2012: Nebraska Senate (starting-points.blogspot.com)
- Dem Leadership Tries to Buy Stupak Off (healthcarebs.com)
- 10 Red States Now Questioning Nelson Deal (prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com)
- 10 States Got Sweet Deals From “Reform” (healthcarebs.com)
- Sen.Max Baucus: ‘cheater sex’ and ‘drunk video’ allegations during health care debate (ritawatson.com)
Try us out at the new location: American Clarion!