The same thing happened with the 1,400+ page cap and trade global warming tax bill passed by the House a few weeks ago.
In addition to taxpayer funding for abortion and the beginning of the end for free market health care, the Economic Policy Journal has cataloged a list of offensive bilge in the bill, including:
- Page 22, an audit of all employers that self-insure
- Page 29, a little rationing to make life interesting
- Page 30 Section 123, creation of a government committee to decide what benefits and treatments you, their serf, can receive
- Page 50 Section 152, seems to open the door to “free” government health care (that the taxpayers pay for) for illegal aliens
- Page 58, authorization to meddle in your financial records
- Page 59, electronic funds transfers (to get your cash if you don’t cough it up quick enough?)
- Page 102, automatically enroll Medicaid-eligible people whether they like it or not
- Page 127, set salaries for doctors
- Page 145, companies must auto-enroll employees
- Page 146, companies must pay for health care for part-time employees
- Page 167, if you don’t want to play and are found with out health care coverage, their lordships will fine you 2.5% of your adjusted gross income for the taxable year
- Page 170, nonresident aliens get a free pass on the last item
- Page 241, specialist physicians get paid the same as everyone else (thank you, Karl)
- Page 317, prohibits hospitals from expanding
- Page 425, proscribes end-of-life services (getting read to get grandpa out of the way?)
- Page 430, criteria for cutting off grandpa’s care and getting him out of the way
There are many more listed at the Economic Policy Journal, but these are just a few of the more interesting ones.
Even if you’re skeptical about about all the poison in this proposal, if only 1/3 of it made it into law, that would be enough to do grave damage to our way of life as free Americans.
We must stop this assault on our freedom and the American way of life NOW.