Though the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Massachussetts Department of Public Health and numerous other sources have long compiled data showing the tremendous health risks associated with homosexual behavior, most homosexual activists vehemently deny these hazards and dismiss them as religious propaganda.
But now a Canadian pro-homosexual group called Canadian Rainbow Health Coalition has admitted these elevated health risks as a key element of the basis of a lawsuit they have filed against the Canadian government health service.
- The life expectancy for gay and bisexual men is 20 years less than the average Canadian man;
- GLB people commit suicide at rates ranging from twice as often to almost 14 times more than the general population;
- GLBs have smoking rates ranging from 1.3 to three times higher than average;
- GLBs become alcoholics at a rate 1.4 to seven times higher than the general population;
- GLBs use illicit drugs at a rate from 1.6 to 19 times higher than other Canadians;
- GLBs experience depression at rates ranging from 1.8 to three times higher than average;
- Homosexual men comprise 76% of AIDS cases and 45% of all new HIV infections;
- GLB populations are at a higher risk of lung and liver cancer;
- Homosexual and bisexual men suffer a higher rate of anal cancer than heterosexual men;
- Lesbians report a higher rate of breast cancer;
- GLBs experience verbal and physical abuse at a greater rate than most Canadians.
A copy of the complaint can be read in pdf here.
Of course, the new “out” to avoid facing the truth about the self-destructiveness of this behavior is the claim that all this is because of all the “homophobia” out there, and the lack of government loot being spent on them.
If the life expectancy of chronic drunks is less than that of the general population, can that diminished life expectancy be blamed on the fact that society has a negative image of drunks and refuses to accept their behavior as legitimate?
If the life expectancy of smokers is less than that of the general population, can that diminished life expectancy be blamed on the fact that society has a negative image of smokers and refuses to accept their behavior as legitimate?
If the life expectancy of prostitutes is less than that of the general population, can that diminished life expectancy be blamed on the fact that society has a negative image of prostitutes and refuses to accept their behavior as legitimate?
Logic, reason and common sense tell us that the same is true of homosexuals, and that whining to the contrary is an attempt to avoid the hard truth about a self-destructive lifestyle.
Rather than spend even more of the Canadian taxpayer’s hard-earned dollars trying to correct the consequences of self-destructive behavior, the wise thing to do would be for homosexuals to work to free themselves of their bondage to these dangerous practices.
The Canadian government might even find it a better use of tax dollars to mount a public service campaign–much life the public service campaigns which encourage people not to smoke, do drugs, etc.–warning people about the dangers of homosexual behavior and encouraging them to get out of the lifestyle.
If only such rational behavior could be expected from government…
Note: Reader comments are reviewed before publishing, and only salient comments that add to the topic will be published. Profanity is absolutely not allowed and will be summarily deleted. Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will also be deleted.