NewsMax reports that a study by the Media Research Center of the three major network news outlets found they covered up Reverend Jeremiah Wright’s extremist views.
As you may recall, Rev. Wright is Barack Obama’s former pastor who made the anti-American, racist, hate-filled statements from the pulpit of Obama’s church, and preached from a basis of “black liberation theology,” which is simply Marxism wrapped in “Christian” wrapping paper.
Just like with the Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton story, the “mainstream” media sat on the story and like cats with with a messy package tried to cover it up as long as they could.
Here’s some of what the MRC study found:
– A Fox News Channel report on March 1, 2007, delved into the “black value system” of Rev. Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. But the name of Rev. Wright did not surface on the Big Three networks until a year later, on CBS on Feb. 28, 2008.
– The first story with excerpts from a Wright sermon did not air until two weeks later, on ABC on March 13. By that time, 42 states had already voted in the primaries.
– Snippets of Wright’s sermons drew only 72 seconds of evening news coverage in all of March, an average of 24 seconds per network.
– None of the Big Three aired any of Wright’s 2003 sermon accusing the federal government of hiding the truth about their “inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color,” and all three “mostly ignored” his remarks calling the 9/11 attacks “America’s chickens coming home to roost.”
– On March 18, the evening news shows carried nearly six minutes of highlights from Obama’s “race speech” that day, in which he discussed race in America and defended his relationship with Wright, saying: “I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can disown my white grandmother.” That was about five times the air time they devoted to Wright sound bites in the entire month of March.
– Wright’s April 28 comments at the National Press Club reiterating his claims about an AIDS conspiracy and America deserving 9/11 went virtually unreported, with the AIDS comments receiving no air time and the 9/11 charge just 23 seconds. The same Big Three aired nearly six minutes of clips of Wright’s “softball interview” with Bill Moyers on PBS, the MRC disclosed.
About the only people left in America who don’t recognize the liberal bias of the “mainstream” media are Koolaid-drinking liberals…and of course, the liberal “mainstream” media themselves.